Pennette alla vodka
How to prepare Penne alla vodka
- Finely slice the onion, and fry it in a large pan with a nice drop of oil.
- Once golden, add the bacon, and cook over low heat until it is slightly crispy, then raise the flame and blend with the half glass of Vodka, evaporate the alcohol while keeping the medium high flame for a few minutes, so that it retracts also slightly the sauce.
- Evaporate the vodka join the peeled, adding also a little water. Adjust salt and cook to low medium flame for at least ten minutes and without lid, stirring occasionally to not make it stick.
- Meanwhile, Cook the pennette with a big salt outlet, following the cooking time written on the package.
- As soon as the sauce is cooked and a little bit withdrawn, add the fresh liquid cream together with a small spoon of tomato paste, raise the flame slightly and bring to the boil by cooking a few minutes, until you get a rather dense cream , but not too much, then turn it off and let it rest.
- Drain the Penne ‘al dente’ to add them to the sauce in a pan, stir in medium heat, stirring with care making them well creamy, then serve very hot. Enjoy your meal!
Ingredients Penne alla vodka (for 4 people)
- Penne 400 g
- Extra virgin olive oil DOP QB
- red Onion, one
- Bacon, 200 g
- Classic white Vodka, half a glass
- San Marzano tomatoes DOP, 400 g
- Tomato concentrate, a spoon
- Fresh Kitchen Liquid cream, 200 ml
- Salt up j.e.
- Coarse salt for water j.e.